Friday, November 7, 2008

More Pictures!







The Sunyani Municipal Hospital. Its closed on sundays..







The neighborhood football pitch.








My host sister Mamia pounding the traditional dish "fufu" w/ one of my host bros. Fufu is served in a spicy sauce and you swallow it immediately w/out chewing. Not one of my faves..








A village outside of Sunyani.








The neighborhood garbage bin











My host bro's Oraku and Kweku cutting up some freshly killed chicken.



One of the roads I run on near my home. It is very nice and scenic until a truck or bus goes by at 100 mph and makes me swallow lungfulls of dust.


On the left is my host brother BB and fellow AFSer Iris from Belgium. On the right is Iris' host sister Alice, and my fellow American AFSer Rich, from Tennessee.


My host brother Solo, and my adorable 2 year old host sister Angel.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Hello,
I loved reading your blog. I am hoping to go to Ghana this January.
Are you ever worried that you will get severly punished at school (for something small like wearing the wrong socks), how would you deal with that?
If you have the time, my email is lizzielake@yahoo.com
~Lizzie